The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- Biz Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
2017 May Luncheon
Jack Lafayette Morton was born in Ft. Worth, Texas on April 12, 1922, and passed away April 20, 2017. He attended Poly High School and Texas Wesleyan College where he met and married Jo Willa Stuteville. They were married for 70 years before Jo Willa died. They were the parents of Dr. William Morton, Jean Bookout and Kevin Morton. Jack enlisted in the Army Air Corp after Pearl Harbor, and flew various aircraft during the war. After his discharge, he joined Braniff Airways as a pilot and retired after 35 years. He was a volunteer for the North Dallas Shared Ministries, and served on the Board of Directors. He was a volunteer for the Red Cross, and read for the blind. He served as a Deacon in the Baptist Church. He was doubly blessed and tried to repay it by contributing to a number of deserving organizations. He is survived by his 3 children; 2 granddaughters, Deidre Triplett and Dr. Kelly Reed; and 2 great grandchildren, Katelynn and Jackson Reed; and his extended family, including Mary Morton, Carol Miller, Haley and Austin Battard, Gavin Rubin, Richard Reed and Kat Sawyer. Services for Jack Morton will be held at 3:00 PM, Friday, April 28, 2017 in The Wildwood Chapel at Restland Funeral Home with a visitation one hour prior to the service. Following the service will be a graveside burial and a reception at Restland. View or sign the Guestbook. In lieu of flowers, please contribute to your favorite charity. Funeral arrangements have been entrusted to Restland Funeral Home and Memorial Park, 13005 Greenville Avenue, at Restland Road, Dallas, TX 75243. Thanks to Wayne Schrunk, Secretary of the Braniff International Silver Eagles (BISE), for the initial notification. and to Sharyn Finnegan for Jack's obituary and service information. It was thanks to Jack, Glenn Shoop and Jack Murdoch that we had a BN Inc.
Husband of Clo Cloud, passed away April 21, 2017. obit link
Geraldine "Jerry" Dameron
Ms. Jerry was our oldest living BN Hostess at 98. She flew from 39-41. Her husband Bill ironically was our oldest living pilot. Bill passed away in 2015 at 101. His years of service were 1940-1947. They were married in 1941. Truly a love story of a couple. obit link
Robert "Bob" Townsend
Braniff Pilot, Robert Bruce (Bob) Townsend, husband of Braniff Flight Attendant, Paula Combs Townsend, 1968-1989, passed away earlier this year. Bob never missed a BISE Fly-In from 1982-2016.
Captain Jake Tims
Braniff Captain Jake Tims, husband of Braniff Flight Attendant, Susi Langner Tims (1970-1989), died March 16, 2017.
At his request, no services are planned.
- Jack MortonJack Lafayette Morton was born in Ft. Worth, Texas on April 12, 1922, and passed away April 20, 2017. He
- Geraldine “Jerry” DameronMs. Jerry was our oldest living BN Hostess at 98. She flew from 39-41. Her husband Bill ironically was our
- 2016 Christmas Party
- 2016 Salad Toss
- James “Jim” BradyJames “Jim” Joseph Brady passed away Thursday, Aug. 25, 2016. Jim was the third of 10 siblings born in Chicago,
- Debbie LonginoDeborah Kay Longino, 65, of Celeste, died Saturday, July 30, 2016 at Tendercare. Mrs. Longino was born in Dallas, Texas
- Dean Smith “Smitty”1936-2016 W. Dean Smith “Smitty” Absent from the body, Present with the Lord Final flight West Sunday, August 7, 2016
- 2016 May Luncheon
- William Ferrin Smith Jr.SMITH, William Ferrin Jr., age 79 of Richardson, TX passed away on Tuesday morning, July 5, 2016. Bill was born
- 2015 Salad Toss
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- Report: Flight attendants' pay docked for being 'too fat, ugly' - KTRK-TV April 30, 2017KTRK-TVReport: Flight attendants' pay docked for being 'too fat, ugly'KTRK-TVRussian flight attendants say they've seen their pay cut and their hours reduced based on their appearance. "On the 15th of August, I didn't fly international flights because they said I am fat, ugly and old," Aeroflot flight attendant Evgenia Magurina ...
- Russian airline accused of discriminating against flight attendants' weight - KSLA-TV April 30, 2017Russian airline accused of discriminating against flight attendants' weightKSLA-TV(CNN) - Commercials for Aeroflot show flight attendants with perfect lips and perfect manicures, staffed seemingly by only the long-legged. But what if you don't look like that? The Russian airline is accused of discriminating against women because of ...and more »
- Virginia Beach woman sues Qatar Airways, claiming flight attendant spilled hot coffee on her and did nothing - Virginian-Pilot April 28, 2017Virginian-PilotVirginia Beach woman sues Qatar Airways, claiming flight attendant spilled hot coffee on her and did nothingVirginian-PilotQatar Airways denied all wrongdoing and even that a flight attendant spilled the coffee in Azizkhani's lap. In court documents, attorneys for the airline went on to attack the lawsuit on several grounds, including that Azizkhani contributed to her […]
- Why being a flight attendant is hazardous for your health - Travel+Leisure April 27, 2017Travel+LeisureWhy being a flight attendant is hazardous for your healthTravel+LeisureFlight attendants have one of the unhealthiest jobs in the United States, according to Business Insider's analysis of data from the Department of Labor. With an overall “unhealthiness score” of 62.3 out of 100, flight attendants landed in the top 10 ...
- Mom Thanks Flight Attendant Who Calmed Her Baby After 'All Hell ... - Huffington Post April 27, 2017Huffington PostMom Thanks Flight Attendant Who Calmed Her Baby After 'All Hell ...Huffington PostThe mother was "stunned and amazed" at what happened on her flight.'Hero' flight attendant praised by mother - News.com.auNEWS.com.auall 2 news articles »
- Workers for Russia's Largest Airline Told Passengers Don't Want Overweight Flight Attendants - Fortune April 26, 2017FortuneWorkers for Russia's Largest Airline Told Passengers Don't Want Overweight Flight AttendantsFortuneTwo flight attendants for Aeroflot appeared before the press to discuss their age and sex discrimination lawsuit against the company. Evgeniya Magurina and Irina Ierusalimskaya said they'd been barred from international flights because of their larger ...No matter what anyone at Aeroflot says, people […]