The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- Biz Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
James “Jim” Bradley
James "Jim" Joseph Bradley passed away Thursday, Aug. 25, 2016. Jim was the third of 10 siblings born in Chicago, Ill., in 1937. He graduated from St. Rita High School and the University of Illinois. Upon graduating, Jim entered the United States Marine Corps. He completed flight school at NAS Pensacola, Fla., where he met his bride-to-be, Marge Southwood. After earning his wings, Jim received orders to begin a cruise of the Mediterranean. When he returned to the States in 1963, he and Marge were married. Jim served two tours in Vietnam where he flew Sikorsky H-34 helicopters with HMM-162 and was the recipient of numerous flying, combat and unit awards. Jim returned to Pensacola, Fla., as a flight instructor. After 18 months, he decided to leave active duty to pursue a career as a commercial pilot with Braniff International. He resigned from the active service and joined the Marine Corps Reserve. Jim retired as the deputy Marine Air Group commander (MAG-41), with the rank of colonel. Jim flew DC 8s, Boeing 707s and 747s for Braniff. Jim continued to fly for the USMC Reserve and Corporate Angel Flights. He embarked on a career in commercial real estate with Booth Creek Investments, Inc. where he was the VP of Sales and Acquisitions. After 12 years, he left real estate and entered the electronics and then the medical industry. Jim volunteered his time for many community and church endeavors. He enjoyed golfing with his friends at RHCC and the many conversations over the fence as they played the 17th hole. His hobbies included golf, hunting, fishing, flying and being "Grampa." He was preceded in death by Flo Stanton; Beverly Brady; and his parents, Florence and John Brady. Jim leaves behind his wife, Marge; daughter, Christy; son, Jim; son-in-law, Bob Latham; daughter-in-law, Nikki Kunza and his grandchildren, Brady and Lucy Latham. Family members: Shar and John Brady, Mary Kay Brady, Bob Brady, Pat and Tom Brady, Bette and Bill Brady, Diane and Dan Brady, Marge and John Tofanelli, and Mary Kay and Michael Brady. His girls and other family members: Becky and David Moritz, Mary Pettigrew, Joanne and David Merrill, Diane, and T.J Donnelly, Ann and Ron Koonsman, Les Binkley, Sue and Ron Klein, and Gaye and Dr. Bryant Manning. - See more at: link
Legendary Hostess Miss Jean Duncan will be honored for her remarkable airline career at the Second Braniff History and Architecture Conference on Saturday, September 10, 2016.
Ticket sales END at the end of the day, Sunday, August 28, 2016. Tickets will not be available at the door because of food ordering requirements.
Here is the link for purchasing tickets:
- 2016 Salad Toss
- James “Jim” BradleyJames “Jim” Joseph Bradley passed away Thursday, Aug. 25, 2016. Jim was the third of 10 siblings born in Chicago,
- Debbie LonginoDeborah Kay Longino, 65, of Celeste, died Saturday, July 30, 2016 at Tendercare. Mrs. Longino was born in Dallas, Texas
- Dean Smith “Smitty”1936-2016 W. Dean Smith “Smitty” Absent from the body, Present with the Lord Final flight West Sunday, August 7, 2016
- 2016 May Luncheon
- William Ferrin Smith Jr.SMITH, William Ferrin Jr., age 79 of Richardson, TX passed away on Tuesday morning, July 5, 2016. Bill was born
- 2015 Salad Toss
- Biz Meeting 2016
- 2015 Sherry Party
- BUNKIE WESTBROOKClipped B “Bunkie” Westbrook (55-56), and wife of BN Captain Dolly Westbrook, passed away May 21. Bunkie’s service is scheduled
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- Man pleads guilty to assaulting Charlotte flight attendant - WSOC Charlotte December 2, 2016WSOC CharlotteMan pleads guilty to assaulting Charlotte flight attendantWSOC CharlotteCHARLOTTE, N.C. - A man stood up in court Friday and said he was sorry and regretted his actions the day he attacked a flight attendant on a plane headed to Charlotte. Michael Kerr pleaded guilty in federal court to one count of interfering with the […]
- American Airlines attendants want 'full recall' of new uniforms - USA TODAY December 2, 2016USA TODAYAmerican Airlines attendants want 'full recall' of new uniformsUSA TODAYAmerican Airlines rolled out new uniforms to more than 70,000 of its frontline workers in September. The appearance of the uniforms was well-received, but now ...American Airlines' New Flight Attendant Uniforms Cause Hives, Union SaysCondé Nast TravelerAmerican Airlines Flight Attendants Say Their New Uniforms Are Making […]
- Meet Bette Nash: She might just be the world's oldest serving flight attendant - CNN December 2, 2016CNNMeet Bette Nash: She might just be the world's oldest serving flight attendantCNNIt was the romance and glamor of flying, a respectable career, that attracted her initially. "I wanted to be a flight attendant from the time I got on the first airplane -- I was 16 years old, I was sitting with my mother […]
- Is Bette Nash the world's oldest flight attendant? - CNN.com - CNN December 2, 2016Is Bette Nash the world's oldest flight attendant? - CNN.comCNNAmerican Airlines flight attendant Bette Nash has been walking airplane aisles for nearly six decades. The 80-year-old started her career back in 1947.and more »
- WATCH: Cathay Pacific flight attendants demand that their ... - Shanghaiist December 2, 2016WATCH: Cathay Pacific flight attendants demand that their ...ShanghaiistDespite having orange juice thrown on them and being forced to wear "too sexy" uniforms, Cathay Pacific flight attendants are pushing to work longer before ...and more »
- SFO exhibit puts flight-attendant fashions on view - San Francisco Chronicle December 2, 2016San Francisco ChronicleSFO exhibit puts flight-attendant fashions on viewSan Francisco ChronicleThe SFO Museum's “Fashion in Flight: A History of Airline Uniform Design,” features 70 ensembles worn by female flight attendants between 1930 and 2014. It follows the evolution of this very specific type of apparel, from pre-World War II, utilitarian ...