The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- Biz Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
Son of Gloria Ault
Susan Riley Whitney
Susan Riley Whitney, 64, of Tacoma, Washington, passed away on June 28, 2017, after a hard fought battle against breast cancer. A memorial service will be held Saturday, July 29, 2017, at 11 a.m. at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 5236 E B St, Tacoma, WA 98404, with Pierce County Sheriff’s Chaplain Rick Bulman officiating. A reception will follow the service. Susan was born in Vernon, TX to Horace and Wilma Riley.
It is with sadness to announce that Clipped B member Jean E. Mitchell passed away July 17 in Frisco, Texas. Jean flew from 1957 to 1972 and was president of the San Antonio chapter of the Clipped B’s from 1993 to 2006.
Her current residence, as listed in the Clipped B yearbook, is:
8080 New Kent Road
Frisco, TX 75035
No service is planned at this time. Her obituary follows:
Husband of Kathy Stanko Anthony, BN Hostess, 75-89.
Thomas M. Anthony, 72, of Camillus passed away on Friday after a courageous battle with Leukemia with his loving family by his side. Tom was a 1963 graduate of West Genesee High School. After graduation he enlisted and served in the United States Navy as a Sonar Technician. Tom then graduated from Indiana State University with a degree in Business Administration. He became a pilot for Braniff Airlines and later retired after 21 years as a Captain for UPS on the 747. Tom loved the outdoors and was an avid hunter. Most importantly, Tom was a devoted husband, loving father and loyal friend.
Newt passed away today at 2:20pm. His remains will go to UT Medical Center, Dallas, so there will not be a funeral. Ann is planning a celebration of life at their home in Kemp, Texas on August 12 (details later). Newt was a fine gentleman; he will be missed.
Bon Voyage Newt,
There will be a small service in Stillwater, Minnesota at St. Mary’s Catholic Church on July 2nd, followed by a celebration of her life on Tuesday, July 4th.
- 2017 Salad Toss
- Frontiers of Flight
- Susan WhitneySusan Riley Whitney, 64, of Tacoma, Washington, passed away on June 28, 2017, after a hard fought battle against breast
- Debbie BaconDebbie passed away on June 16, 2017. Visitation will be held on Thursday, June 22, 2017 from 5 to 7
- Georgia VandervoortGeorgia Harvey Vandervoort of Fort Worth, who flew for Braniff from 1971-78, passed away May 19 following a recent diagnosis
- Sandra PistulkaSandra passed away on May 16, 2017 at her home in Corinth, TX. She is survived by her husband Timothy
- Ribbon CuttingPlease click HERE to RSVP.
- Kathy OrrKathy Orr, who flew from 1967-1987, passed away June 4. Visitation: Sunday, June 11, 2017 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Carolyn BeebeCarolyn Virginia Brady Fisher Beebe On April 24, 2017, at Evergreen Healthcare in Lakeport, CA, Carolyn gave up her ten
- Jean LoweJean Adele Vickrey Lowe, 86, of Lake Forest, Illinois, passed away peacefully on April 21, 2017 at her home in
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- 7 ways to fight jet lag like a flight attendant - Well+Good October 19, 2017Well+Good7 ways to fight jet lag like a flight attendantWell+Good“I try my best to 'think' in the arriving time zone,” says flight attendant Steve F. Try to tweak your sleep schedule a day or two in advance (even just by an hour), and set the clock on your phone to the time at your destination […]
- After the Delta Air Lines 'National Anthem' Debacle, Flight Attendants Need to Learn When to Take a Step Back - Paddle Your Own Kanoo (blog) October 19, 2017Paddle Your Own Kanoo (blog)After the Delta Air Lines 'National Anthem' Debacle, Flight Attendants Need to Learn When to Take a Step BackPaddle Your Own Kanoo (blog)Luckily, our flight attendants have come accustomed to policing the way their passengers behave. Normally its just minor inconveniences they get involved in – say, settling disputes over who […]
- Drunk People Keep Peeing on Other Plane Passengers - Newsweek October 19, 2017NewsweekDrunk People Keep Peeing on Other Plane PassengersNewsweekThe Delta Air Lines flight crew said Hudler was drunk and had a belligerent outburst on the plane after asking for “coke” and being given a soda. Hudler said he was referring to the drug cocaine, and the flight attendant turned down his request, a ...and more »
- British Airways apologises for bed bugs on Canada flight - BBC News October 19, 2017BBC NewsBritish Airways apologises for bed bugs on Canada flightBBC NewsShe said she had alerted the flight attendant, but was told nothing could be done. "She was like, 'Oh ok, sorry about that. We're sold out. We don't have anywhere to move you'," Ms Szilagyi told CTV Vancouver. Once they landed, Ms Szilagvi said she […]
- It's A Tough Life Being A Flight Attendant: Emirates is Encouraging Its Crew to Take Up the Dubai Fitness Challenge - Paddle Your Own Kanoo (blog) October 19, 2017Paddle Your Own Kanoo (blog)It's A Tough Life Being A Flight Attendant: Emirates is Encouraging Its Crew to Take Up the Dubai Fitness ChallengePaddle Your Own Kanoo (blog)You might not think it but being a flight attendant can be tough. We know what you're thinking – How can serving chicken or beef and then spending […]
- Delta passengers try to sing national anthem for fallen soldier. A ... - TheBlaze.com October 18, 2017TheBlaze.comDelta passengers try to sing national anthem for fallen soldier. A ...TheBlaze.comDelta passengers try to sing national anthem for fallen soldier. A flight attendant shuts them A Delta Air Lines flight attendant prevented customers on a plane ...Woman says Delta flight attendant stopped her from singing national anthem to honor fallen soldierTwitchyDelta Passenger Says She Was […]