The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- Biz Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
Braniff International Silver Eagles
The 39th Annual Braniff International Silver Eagles (BISE) Fly In will be held on Memorial Day, May 30, 2016, at the Denton Enterprise (Regional) Airport. Please join BISE for an AMAZING and fun day of Braniff Family and amazing BBQ!
BISE Memorial Day Fly In
Denton Enterprise Regional Airport
5000 Airport Road, Denton, TX 76207
Business Air Hangar
Time: 11 am to 4 pm
Entry Fee: $10 Per Person, Includes all beverages
BBQ lunch catered by Rudy's BBQ available for purchase
Paramedic will be on duty from 11am to 4 pm
Please remember - service animal only allowed
Please note that this is a NEW location for the Annual Fly In. Driving directions are below:
Driving north on I-35 E, exit on 467 to Bonnie Brae/Airport road 1515. At the stop light, turn left and follow Airport road to the end. The hanger will be on the left side and parking on the right.
Driving north on I-35 W, exit on 84 to Bonnie Brae/Airport road 1515. At the stop light turn right and follow Airport road to the end. The hanger will be on the left side and parking on the right.
Come join the fun!
Clipped B “Bunkie” Westbrook (55-56), and wife of BN Captain Dolly Westbrook, passed away May 21.
Bunkie’s service is scheduled for Tuesday, May 24 (tomorrow) at 10 a.m.
Mary Immaculate Catholic Church
2800 Valwood Pkwy.
Farmers Branch, TX 75234
(corner of Dennis Lane and Valwood Pkwy)
A reception following the service, then an escorted procession to Hillcrest Cemetery in Waxahachie for burial.
Condolences to the family may be sent to Bunkie’s daughter:
Mrs. Jane Shafer
517 E. Bethel School Road
Coppell, TX 75019-4015
Mickey Conn, husband of Clipped B Barbie Allen Conn and former Braniff pilot, passed away late last night after a lengthy illness. No immediate service is scheduled, but a memorial service may be planned for a later date.
Condolences may be sent to:
2208 Winter Sunday Way
Arlington, TX 76012
We express our deepest sympathy to Barbie and her family.
- BUNKIE WESTBROOKClipped B “Bunkie” Westbrook (55-56), and wife of BN Captain Dolly Westbrook, passed away May 21. Bunkie’s service is scheduled
- MARY JO PHILLIPSOur dear sweet mother, Mary Jo Phillips passed away on March 25, 2016. She was 94. May she rest in
- DOROTHY JO WISE (D.J.)The lives of family and friends will be forever enriched by knowing and loving Dorothy Jo (D.J.) Wise. Born in
- SARAH HARKINS BENTONSarah Harkins Benton 1939-2015 Sarah Harkins Benton, 76, died on December 12, 2015. Sarah was born in Belzoni, Mississippi, September
- LEO DERREL HOLLISLeo Derrel Hollis passed from this life on December 15, 2015. Leo was born to James Cusic and Zula (Buckelew)
- MAX CHARLES SMESNYMidlothian resident Max Smesny, 82, passed away on Dec. 8, 2015 surrounded by his family. Max was born in Eastgate
- JOSEPH EDWARD CASEYMr. Joseph Edward Casey, 84, passed away on Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2015, at CMC-Pineville in North Carolina. A celebration of
- DEE LUNT – Flown WestDee Lunt passed away this morning (1/3/2016). Services are pending. Sharyn Finnegan Dee Lunt was hired by Braniff in 1942
- ROGENE COUSINS MYERSRogene (Cousins) Myers age 93 passed away on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Rogene was born February 23,
- James Henry Nichols – Braniff Pilot- 1965-1982James Henry Nichols was born on January 18, 1936 in Benton Harbor, Michigan and passed away on December 30, 2015
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- 80-year-old flight attendant started flying even before Obama was born - AsiaOne May 31, 2016AsiaOne80-year-old flight attendant started flying even before Obama was bornAsiaOneShe's been through the Cold War, lived through the terms of 12 US presidents (and counting) and started flying four years before Barack Obama was born. "The pilots come and go and retire and I keep staying here the whole time," she told CNN in an ...and […]
- Shock death of Qantas 'confessions' author - NEWS.com.au May 31, 2016NEWS.com.auShock death of Qantas 'confessions' authorNEWS.com.auHe had worked with Qantas since 2001, and was a flight attendant since 2005 but suffered a career-ending spinal injury in 2011. During his time as a trolley dolley with the Flying Kangaroo, Beddall had mingled with celebrities such as Katy Perry ...Bestselling author Owen Bedall dies in MelbourneClarence Valley […]
- Qantas flight attendant Owen Beddall found dead in Melbourne - Daily Mail May 30, 2016Daily MailQantas flight attendant Owen Beddall found dead in MelbourneDaily MailThe famous Qantas flight attendant who exposed the flying habits of the rich and famous has been found dead in his home. Owen Beddall rose to fame in 2014 as the author of the smash hit autobiography Confessions of a Qantas Flight Attendant.Bestselling author Owen […]
- Two male passengers sexually harass Garuda flight attendant, are met by airport security at end of flight - Coconuts Jakarta May 30, 2016Coconuts JakartaTwo male passengers sexually harass Garuda flight attendant, are met by airport security at end of flightCoconuts JakartaBenny did not reveal what exactly happened during the flight, but said it had to do with offensive things the passengers said to the flight attendant while she was serving drinks. One passenger, who claimed he witnessed […]
- A flight attendant answers the 20 questions you've always wanted to ask - Business Insider May 28, 2016Business InsiderA flight attendant answers the 20 questions you've always wanted to askBusiness InsiderTo answer all those burning questions we had about flying and the people who ensure we do it safely, we turned to Annette Long, a flight attendant with 13 years of experience. Below she answers all the questions you've ever wanted to […]
- Garuda flight attendant suffers sexual harassment - Jakarta Post May 28, 2016Jakarta PostGaruda flight attendant suffers sexual harassmentJakarta PostA female flight attendant working for Garuda Indonesia complained to her superiors over alleged sexual harassment from passengers flying from Jakarta to Yogyakarta on Wednesday. An airline official confirmed the incident on Saturday, saying the ...