The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- BiZ Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
Jimmy, son of Jean Turk Jordan, former Braniff F/A ,1966-1982, was diagnosed with Neuroendocrine cancer which manifested itself in the pancreas. He is beginning chemotherapy treatment and is very hopeful of success. Jimmy has a family and seven children and Jean, Jimmy and all the family need and welcome our prayers and thoughts.
BRANIFF CLUB MEETING NOTICE
TO THOSE OF YOU THAT CAN MAKE IT, THERE WILL BE A LOCAL CLUB MEETING IN JANUARY, IT WILL BE ON THE 14th AT THE REGULAR MEETING PLACE IN IRVING, 228 CHAMBERLAIN STREET AT 1030, PLEASE SUPPORT THE LOCAL CLUB GET TOGETHER. NON MEMBERS ARE WELCOME TO COME TO THE MEETINGS TO SEE WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT, GOOD GET TOGETHER AND GOOD EATS PLUS A LOTTA BRANIFF BULL.
IF YOU ARE AN ANNUAL MEMBER YOUR 2016 DUES ARE DUE, THOSE MEMBERS THAT HAS NOT PAID SINCE 2013 WILL BE DROPPED FROM THE MEMBERSHIP.
WE ARE STILL MAINTAINING AROUND 1100 CLUB MEMBERS, IF YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER YOU ARE RIDING ON THE COATAIL OF MEMBERS. I MAY CONSIDER IN 2016 DROPPING E-MAILS OF THOSE WHO ARE NOT MEMBERS.
THE 2015 CHRISTMAS WAS A GREAT SUCCESS AROUND 160 ATTENDING, GOOD FOOD AND A WONDERFUL GET TOGETHER. BEN CASS DID A BOOK SIGNING PROMOTING HIS BOOK, "BRANIFF AIRWAYS FLYING COLORS". A NICE BOOK TO HAVE IN YOUR BRANIFF COLLECTION. ELIZABETH SHEPPARD DISPLAYED AND SOLD SO MANY T-SHIRTS AND BRANIFF ITEMS OF MEMORY.
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT BRANIFF HAS BEEN GONE FOR OVER 33 YEARS, WHERE HAS TIME GONE????. I REALIZE WHERE SOME OF THE TIME HAS GONE WHEN I LOOK INTO THE MIRROR.
WE HAVE LOST SO MANY BRANIFFITES IN ALL EMPLOYMENT DEPARTMENTS. WE ALL ARE GETTING SO MUCH OLDER AND TRYING TO STAY ON THE GREEN SIDE OF THE GRASS.
- DOROTHY JO WISE (D.J.)The lives of family and friends will be forever enriched by knowing and loving Dorothy Jo (D.J.) Wise. Born in
- SARAH HARKINS BENTONSarah Harkins Benton 1939-2015 Sarah Harkins Benton, 76, died on December 12, 2015. Sarah was born in Belzoni, Mississippi, September
- LEO DERREL HOLLISLeo Derrel Hollis passed from this life on December 15, 2015. Leo was born to James Cusic and Zula (Buckelew)
- MAX CHARLES SMESNYMidlothian resident Max Smesny, 82, passed away on Dec. 8, 2015 surrounded by his family. Max was born in Eastgate
- JOSEPH EDWARD CASEYMr. Joseph Edward Casey, 84, passed away on Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2015, at CMC-Pineville in North Carolina. A celebration of
- DEE LUNT – Flown WestDee Lunt passed away this morning (1/3/2016). Services are pending. Sharyn Finnegan Dee Lunt was hired by Braniff in 1942
- ROGENE COUSINS MYERSRogene (Cousins) Myers age 93 passed away on Tuesday, December 22, 2015 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Rogene was born February 23,
- James Henry Nichols – Braniff Pilot- 1965-1982James Henry Nichols was born on January 18, 1936 in Benton Harbor, Michigan and passed away on December 30, 2015
- ROGER IVEYROGER IVEY, LONG TIME FRIEND, BRANIFF MAINTENANCE LOVE FIELD AND DFW, AND WAS A BRANIFF RETIREMENT CLUB MEMBER. PASSED AWAY
- Ewald Kaae ChristensenNOT A BRANIFF RETIREMENT CLUB MEMBER BUT PART OF OUR BRANIFF WORKING FAMILY http://www.mccalebfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Ewald-Christensen/ Ewald Kaae Christensen, 93, formerly of
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- Injured flight attendant denied benefits - Chicago Daily Law Bulletin February 12, 2016Injured flight attendant denied benefitsChicago Daily Law BulletinA state appeals panel ruled a United Airlines flight attendant cannot collect workers' compensation benefits simply because she was injured on an airplane while on her way to work. The five-justice panel in the 1st District Appellate Court's workers' ...
- Jail for man who attacked flight attendant, threatened to blow up flight to S. Florida - Sun Sentinel February 12, 2016Sun SentinelJail for man who attacked flight attendant, threatened to blow up flight to S. FloridaSun SentinelA man who punched a male flight attendant, hurled racial slurs and threatened to blow up a plane en route from New York City to Palm Beach County was sentenced Friday to 60 days in federal prison. Alija Kucuk, […]
- Southwest Airlines flight attendant takes off on “The Amazing Race' - Fort Worth Star Telegram (blog) February 12, 2016Fort Worth Star Telegram (blog)Southwest Airlines flight attendant takes off on “The Amazing Race'Fort Worth Star Telegram (blog)Now, Cobb and her daughter Hagan Parkman, are flying around the globe as one of 11 teams on the reality show, “The Amazing Race.” This season of the race, which starts tonight on CBS, features social media stars. […]
- Flight Attendant's Baby Makes Early Arrival On Way To Hospital - CBS Local February 12, 2016CBS LocalFlight Attendant's Baby Makes Early Arrival On Way To HospitalCBS LocalNEAR CULVER CITY (CBSLA.com) — A couple expecting a baby boy tried to race to the hospital, but their bundle of joy had other plans. “We're having a baby. Oh my God! Oh my God!” Cristina Vigo is heard saying in a frantic 911 […]
- Panel approves more rest time for flight attendants - The Hill February 11, 2016The HillPanel approves more rest time for flight attendantsThe Hill"Proper rest is critical for Flight Attendants to do our work as aviation's first responders. We worked very hard to achieve this common sense regulation and we will continue to push until the minimum 10 hour rest becomes law," Sara Nelson ...Flight Attendants Cement Essential 10 […]
- Flight attendant mistakenly informs man of 'armed passengers' aboard plane - The Independent February 11, 2016The IndependentFlight attendant mistakenly informs man of 'armed passengers' aboard planeThe IndependentA note identifying armed passengers on a flight from Chicago to Phoenix was mistakenly given to a customer. William Stratton was seated and ready for the Frontier Airlines jet's take-off on Sunday when a steward approached him, Fox 10 reported. “We ...and more »