The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- Biz Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
Husband, Terry Elliott, and Braniff friends gathered at Terry Daniels home on November 11, 2017, to remember and celebrate the life of former Braniff Flight Attendant, Patti Bober Elliott, 1965-1989. Patti passed away on October 28, 2017, at her home in Natchitoches, LA.
Retired Braniff pilot, Captain Thomas Harris, took his final flight on Oct. 25, 2017 as he died peacefully in his sleep at home.
Tom was born April 18, 1937 to Florence and Stephen P. Harris in Dunkirk, New York. A graduate of Fredonia High School, he attended Allegheny College, where he was a member of Phi Delta Theta, and received a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical engineering from Emery Riddle Aeronautical University. He proudly served in the USAF for seven years and was a B52 commander. In 1965 he left the service and began flying commercially for Braniff Airlines.
He had many hobbies which included classic cars, golfing, sailing, travel and cruising all over the world with friends and family. He was a member and past commodore of Poulsbo Yacht Club and served as president of the PSEB T-Bird Club.
He was a loving husband to wife Susan for 48 years, a caring father to daughter Jeanne and son Stephen and proud granddad to Jessica.
A celebration of Tom’s life is planned for early summer.
Please pass this message on to the B’s.
I am greatly grieving the death of my dear husband of 57 years.
However, the sisterhood of Clipped B’s have shown me so much support by their many cards, emails, texts, letters,
food brought in, and attending Jack’s service that I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
Who knew when we were so very young that our friendships formed in training, and flights, would stay with us forever.
You all are the greatest friends. Thank you one and all.
Liz Bailey Wahlquist
Son of Gloria Ault
Susan Riley Whitney
Susan Riley Whitney, 64, of Tacoma, Washington, passed away on June 28, 2017, after a hard fought battle against breast cancer. A memorial service will be held Saturday, July 29, 2017, at 11 a.m. at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 5236 E B St, Tacoma, WA 98404, with Pierce County Sheriff’s Chaplain Rick Bulman officiating. A reception will follow the service. Susan was born in Vernon, TX to Horace and Wilma Riley.
It is with sadness to announce that Clipped B member Jean E. Mitchell passed away July 17 in Frisco, Texas. Jean flew from 1957 to 1972 and was president of the San Antonio chapter of the Clipped B’s from 1993 to 2006.
Her current residence, as listed in the Clipped B yearbook, is:
8080 New Kent Road
Frisco, TX 75035
No service is planned at this time. Her obituary follows:
Husband of Kathy Stanko Anthony, BN Hostess, 75-89.
Thomas M. Anthony, 72, of Camillus passed away on Friday after a courageous battle with Leukemia with his loving family by his side. Tom was a 1963 graduate of West Genesee High School. After graduation he enlisted and served in the United States Navy as a Sonar Technician. Tom then graduated from Indiana State University with a degree in Business Administration. He became a pilot for Braniff Airlines and later retired after 21 years as a Captain for UPS on the 747. Tom loved the outdoors and was an avid hunter. Most importantly, Tom was a devoted husband, loving father and loyal friend.
Newt passed away today at 2:20pm. His remains will go to UT Medical Center, Dallas, so there will not be a funeral. Ann is planning a celebration of life at their home in Kemp, Texas on August 12 (details later). Newt was a fine gentleman; he will be missed.
Bon Voyage Newt,
There will be a small service in Stillwater, Minnesota at St. Mary’s Catholic Church on July 2nd, followed by a celebration of her life on Tuesday, July 4th.
- 2017 Salad Toss
- Frontiers of Flight
- Susan WhitneySusan Riley Whitney, 64, of Tacoma, Washington, passed away on June 28, 2017, after a hard fought battle against breast
- Debbie BaconDebbie passed away on June 16, 2017. Visitation will be held on Thursday, June 22, 2017 from 5 to 7
- Georgia VandervoortGeorgia Harvey Vandervoort of Fort Worth, who flew for Braniff from 1971-78, passed away May 19 following a recent diagnosis
- Sandra PistulkaSandra passed away on May 16, 2017 at her home in Corinth, TX. She is survived by her husband Timothy
- Ribbon CuttingPlease click HERE to RSVP.
- Kathy OrrKathy Orr, who flew from 1967-1987, passed away June 4. Visitation: Sunday, June 11, 2017 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Carolyn BeebeCarolyn Virginia Brady Fisher Beebe On April 24, 2017, at Evergreen Healthcare in Lakeport, CA, Carolyn gave up her ten
- Jean LoweJean Adele Vickrey Lowe, 86, of Lake Forest, Illinois, passed away peacefully on April 21, 2017 at her home in
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated November 19, 2017This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- 4 things you should (and shouldn't) do on an airplane to stay healthy, according to flight attendants - Well+Good November 18, 2017Well+Good4 things you should (and shouldn't) do on an airplane to stay healthy, according to flight attendantsWell+GoodTo up your odds of a healthy travel experience, your best bet is to pack plenty of good-for-you snacks, says flight attendant Kelly B. That's especially true, she says, “if you have a dietary need.” Just make sure your […]
- Woman taken into custody at airport after allegedly trying to steal flight attendant's purse - kfor.com November 16, 2017kfor.comWoman taken into custody at airport after allegedly trying to steal flight attendant's pursekfor.comOKLAHOMA CITY – A Washington woman was taken into custody after she allegedly tried to steal a purse belonging to a flight attendant. On Nov. 14, officers were called to Will Rogers World Airport following an alleged purse theft. Dispatchers learned ...
- Southwest flight attendant gives sassy and seductive pre-flight safety presentation - WTHR November 16, 2017Southwest flight attendant gives sassy and seductive pre-flight safety presentationWTHRINDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) — Frequent flyers know that every time you fly, there's a safety run-through before takeoff. And for the most part, people don't tend to pay attention. But Southwest is one airline that knows how to shake things up. Instead of the ...and more »
- This Flight Attendant's 'Sexy' Safety Demonstration Will Have You ... - Travel+Leisure November 15, 2017Travel+LeisureThis Flight Attendant's 'Sexy' Safety Demonstration Will Have You ...Travel+LeisureThis Southwest crew member is putting the 'fun' in fundamental safety procedures.and more »
- Exclusive: Fmr. Flight Attendant Tells Democracy Now! George H.W. ... - Democracy Now! November 15, 2017Democracy Now!Exclusive: Fmr. Flight Attendant Tells Democracy Now! George H.W. ...Democracy Now!In a Democracy Now! exclusive, a former flight attendant tells us former President George H.W. Bush grabbed her while she was working in first class, refusing to ...and more »