The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- Biz Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
Barbi Bittel Brown
Kitty Burge Wilson
It is with sadness we notify you that Kitty Burge Wilson, the last remaining of the four ladies who started the Clipped B’s in 1947, died on Easter Sunday. Her service will be held this Thursday, April 5 at 10:30 a.m. at Presbyterian Village North, where Kitty has been a longtime resident.
The Chapel at Presbyterian Village North
8600 Skyline Drive
Dallas, TX 75243
From Central Expressway, go east on Forest Lane. Across from TI, turn right on Landa Lane. Pass through the gate into Presbyterian Village North, and the chapel will be in front of you slightly to the right on Skyline Drive. Ample parking around the chapel.
Harriett Francis Tweedy
Harriet Francis died on March 1. Services are planned for March 24 2018 at 11:00am at Rhoton Funeral Home on I-35 in Carrollton, TX. Harriett’s address was 11844 High Valley Dr. Dallas ,TX 75234.
With much sadness we notify you that John Golden, beloved husband of Sue Golden (60-82), passed away on February 14 following a lengthy illness.
Services for John will be held Friday, February 23, at 10:00 a.m.
Highland Park Methodist Church, Cox Chapel
Southern Methodist University Campus
A reception will be held following the service in the reception area.
Braniff brought Sue and John together. In 1967, Sue was a crew member on a White House press charter to a resort in Uruguay and John was on assignment as a secret service agent covering President Johnson. They met when the crew and secret service agents went on a (debriefing) fishing boat trip during their layover. They maintained a friendship for many years while living separate lives, John in Miami and Sue in Dallas, later reconnected, and married in 1981.
Sue has been a longtime board member of the Clipped Bs, both as treasurer and membership chairperson. Sue maintains all the membership lists, organizes the mailings, prepares the membership yearbook, and is the gatekeeper of our funds. Sue is the glue that keeps the Clipped Bs together! We are grateful for her years of service and share in her sorrow.
12220 Marbrook, Dallas, TX 75230
Our condolences to Sue and her family,
The Clipped B Board
John D. Golden “Goldie” (78) passed away on February 14, 2018. He is survived by his wife, Sue Golden; his son, John Golden & family of Tampa, FL; his daughters, Tracy (Golden) Matarangolo & family of Davie, FL; Marcy (Golden) Salter & family of Gainesville, FL; Stacy (Kennedy) Mackintosh & family of Austin, TX; Kristy (Kennedy) Dixon & family of Dallas, TX; his brother, William Golden & family of Venice, FL; and his sister, Chris Golden, of North Port, FL.
John was born on July 3, 1939 in Athens, GA and raised in Philadelphia, PA. He graduated from NC State and worked for the FBI for a year before joining the U.S. Secret Service, where he served 32 years. His Secret Service career spanned a vast array of duties from field offices to White House Administrations with Johnson and Nixon to the detail for First Son, President George W. Bush.
Memorial Service will be held at 10:00 am Friday, February 23, at HPUMC Cox Chapel. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Birthday Party Project, which brings joy to homeless children through the magic of birthdays.
Karen Titus Pope
Karen Titus Pope, Braniff Flight Attendant 1968-1982 has asked for prayers for her husband, Dale, who is in the final stages of bone cancer. Karen also just recently lost her mother. Please keep Karen and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
Rebecca Jane Harwell
It is with sadness we notify you that Rebecca “Becky” Jane Harwell Tohill passed away on January 28, 2018. She is a current member of the San Antonio chapter of the Clipped Bs and flew from 1974 to 1986. She moved to Dallas in the early 1990s to resume her airline career as a flight attendant for Southwest Airlines, which lasted 15 years. A memorial service will be held in the Memorial Chapel at Restland Memorial Park on Saturday, February 10 at 2:30 p.m.
Condolences may be sent to Becky’s husband:
Carrollton, TX 75006
Linda Shepard Lewis
It is with great sadness to notify you that Linda Shepard Lewis, who flew from 1966-1982, died on January 2 following a massive stoke she had on December 31 while dining with a friend at a restaurant in The Villages, Florida. Linda has lived in The Villages for the past four years, but spent most of her life in Dallas.
UPDATE: The memorial service for Linda Shepard Lewis, who died January 2, will be held:
Thursday, January 18, at 3:00 p.m.
Park Cities Baptist Church
In the Ellis Chapel
3933 Northwest Pkwy.
Dallas, TX 75225
(On Northwest Highway, east of Preston Road)
The family is hosting a reception following the service at the home of Linda’s sister.
Ann and Doug Smellage
Dallas, TX 75225
(2 blocks east of Preston, 1 block north of Park Lane)
Captain Wayne Schrunk
On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 4:30am Wayne Schrunk passed away from complications from a stroke. While growing up in Scio, Oregon he dreamed of flying and was a Smoke Jumper for the Oregon Forestry Service while in college at Oregon State University where he was a member of SAE. Up until the moment of his passing he was still actively supportive of his old Fraternity and the Brothers that he made while attending College. They spent many trips together over the next 64 years and kept in touch regularly.
He spent 10 years in the Army after college as a pilot in Korea and other international locations before joining Braniff in 1968 and continued until 1982. He then went to work for Piedmont and ended up retiring from USAir due to their purchase of Piedmont. In his retirement he played a lot of golf, was an active member in the BISE organization as Secretary for many, many years. He is survived by his Wife Martha Laughlin, Son Jeff Schrunk, Daughter-in Law Heather Schrunk, Step-Daughter Christie Finley, Son-In-Law Eric Finley, Step-Son Nicholas Parson, Grandchildren Jordan Schrunk, Allison Jones, Norah Finley, Keira Finley and Greyson Finley, Brother Dean Schrunk, Sister Beverly Gibson and Nieces Lisa and Julie and Nephews Mark and Steven.
There will be a celebration of life in the Spring of 2018 to get together and remember him with great memories and laughter.
Johnny Jackson received word that Bob Mullins Braniff Line Service Mechanic at DFW passed away on Wednesday, December 20, 2017. Additional information will be sent soon.
Paula Sue Snider
Husband, Terry Elliott, and Braniff friends gathered at Terry Daniels home on November 11, 2017, to remember and celebrate the life of former Braniff Flight Attendant, Patti Bober Elliott, 1965-1989. Patti passed away on October 28, 2017, at her home in Natchitoches, LA.
Retired Braniff pilot, Captain Thomas Harris, took his final flight on Oct. 25, 2017 as he died peacefully in his sleep at home.
Tom was born April 18, 1937 to Florence and Stephen P. Harris in Dunkirk, New York. A graduate of Fredonia High School, he attended Allegheny College, where he was a member of Phi Delta Theta, and received a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical engineering from Emery Riddle Aeronautical University. He proudly served in the USAF for seven years and was a B52 commander. In 1965 he left the service and began flying commercially for Braniff Airlines.
He had many hobbies which included classic cars, golfing, sailing, travel and cruising all over the world with friends and family. He was a member and past commodore of Poulsbo Yacht Club and served as president of the PSEB T-Bird Club.
He was a loving husband to wife Susan for 48 years, a caring father to daughter Jeanne and son Stephen and proud granddad to Jessica.
A celebration of Tom’s life is planned for early summer.
Please pass this message on to the B’s.
I am greatly grieving the death of my dear husband of 57 years.
However, the sisterhood of Clipped B’s have shown me so much support by their many cards, emails, texts, letters,
food brought in, and attending Jack’s service that I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
Who knew when we were so very young that our friendships formed in training, and flights, would stay with us forever.
You all are the greatest friends. Thank you one and all.
Liz Bailey Wahlquist
Son of Gloria Ault
Susan Riley Whitney
Susan Riley Whitney, 64, of Tacoma, Washington, passed away on June 28, 2017, after a hard fought battle against breast cancer. A memorial service will be held Saturday, July 29, 2017, at 11 a.m. at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 5236 E B St, Tacoma, WA 98404, with Pierce County Sheriff’s Chaplain Rick Bulman officiating. A reception will follow the service. Susan was born in Vernon, TX to Horace and Wilma Riley.
It is with sadness to announce that Clipped B member Jean E. Mitchell passed away July 17 in Frisco, Texas. Jean flew from 1957 to 1972 and was president of the San Antonio chapter of the Clipped B’s from 1993 to 2006.
Her current residence, as listed in the Clipped B yearbook, is:
8080 New Kent Road
Frisco, TX 75035
No service is planned at this time. Her obituary follows:
Husband of Kathy Stanko Anthony, BN Hostess, 75-89.
Thomas M. Anthony, 72, of Camillus passed away on Friday after a courageous battle with Leukemia with his loving family by his side. Tom was a 1963 graduate of West Genesee High School. After graduation he enlisted and served in the United States Navy as a Sonar Technician. Tom then graduated from Indiana State University with a degree in Business Administration. He became a pilot for Braniff Airlines and later retired after 21 years as a Captain for UPS on the 747. Tom loved the outdoors and was an avid hunter. Most importantly, Tom was a devoted husband, loving father and loyal friend.
Newt passed away today at 2:20pm. His remains will go to UT Medical Center, Dallas, so there will not be a funeral. Ann is planning a celebration of life at their home in Kemp, Texas on August 12 (details later). Newt was a fine gentleman; he will be missed.
Bon Voyage Newt,
There will be a small service in Stillwater, Minnesota at St. Mary’s Catholic Church on July 2nd, followed by a celebration of her life on Tuesday, July 4th.
- 2017 Christmas Party
- 2017 Salad Toss
- Frontiers of Flight
- Susan WhitneySusan Riley Whitney, 64, of Tacoma, Washington, passed away on June 28, 2017, after a hard fought battle against breast
- Debbie BaconDebbie passed away on June 16, 2017. Visitation will be held on Thursday, June 22, 2017 from 5 to 7
- Georgia VandervoortGeorgia Harvey Vandervoort of Fort Worth, who flew for Braniff from 1971-78, passed away May 19 following a recent diagnosis
- Sandra PistulkaSandra passed away on May 16, 2017 at her home in Corinth, TX. She is survived by her husband Timothy
- Ribbon CuttingPlease click HERE to RSVP.
- Kathy OrrKathy Orr, who flew from 1967-1987, passed away June 4. Visitation: Sunday, June 11, 2017 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Carolyn BeebeCarolyn Virginia Brady Fisher Beebe On April 24, 2017, at Evergreen Healthcare in Lakeport, CA, Carolyn gave up her ten
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated April 19, 2018This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Air Busan Apologizes for 'Broccoli Farm' Post by Flight Attendant Mocking Passengers - Branding in Asia Magazine April 19, 2018Branding in Asia MagazineAir Busan Apologizes for 'Broccoli Farm' Post by Flight Attendant Mocking PassengersBranding in Asia MagazineOther cabin crew members then left comments about the “Ajumma”, which is a term for married women, many of whom, once in their 50's and 60's, follow the trend of sporting short, permed hair – thus eliciting the […]
- Former Air Force One flight attendant shares memories of Barbara Bush - WWAY NewsChannel 3 April 18, 2018WWAY NewsChannel 3Former Air Force One flight attendant shares memories of Barbara BushWWAY NewsChannel 3BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — As former First Lady Barbara Bush reportedly enjoyed some bourbon the night before she died, Howie Franklin remembers her preferred beverage on Air Force One. “At the end of the day, there would possibly be a […]
- After Southwest Airlines Flight 1380: A Flight Attendant Reminds You to Listen to the Safety Briefing - Condé Nast Traveler April 18, 2018Condé Nast TravelerAfter Southwest Airlines Flight 1380: A Flight Attendant Reminds You to Listen to the Safety BriefingCondé Nast TravelerYou've heard the safety demonstration what feels like 50 million times. You know it by heart. You know how to work a seat belt and you know that the closest exit may be behind you. Or […]
- Portland flight attendant on photo from engine failure situation: masks should cover nose - KATU April 18, 2018KATUPortland flight attendant on photo from engine failure situation: masks should cover noseKATUWitnesses describe a chaotic scene on board Southwest flight 1380. Passengers said they heard a loud explosion and saw glass shatter. "(On board) more than likely there's going to be a huge noise then the sound of air, wind, and debris will more […]
- Air Busan flight attendant ridicules passengers' hairstyles as broccoli ... - South China Morning Post April 18, 2018Air Busan flight attendant ridicules passengers' hairstyles as broccoli ...South China Morning PostLow-cost carrier apologises after employee compares a picture of passengers' identical hairstyles to a 'broccoli farm'and more »