The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- Biz Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
James “Jim” Bradley
James "Jim" Joseph Bradley passed away Thursday, Aug. 25, 2016. Jim was the third of 10 siblings born in Chicago, Ill., in 1937. He graduated from St. Rita High School and the University of Illinois. Upon graduating, Jim entered the United States Marine Corps. He completed flight school at NAS Pensacola, Fla., where he met his bride-to-be, Marge Southwood. After earning his wings, Jim received orders to begin a cruise of the Mediterranean. When he returned to the States in 1963, he and Marge were married. Jim served two tours in Vietnam where he flew Sikorsky H-34 helicopters with HMM-162 and was the recipient of numerous flying, combat and unit awards. Jim returned to Pensacola, Fla., as a flight instructor. After 18 months, he decided to leave active duty to pursue a career as a commercial pilot with Braniff International. He resigned from the active service and joined the Marine Corps Reserve. Jim retired as the deputy Marine Air Group commander (MAG-41), with the rank of colonel. Jim flew DC 8s, Boeing 707s and 747s for Braniff. Jim continued to fly for the USMC Reserve and Corporate Angel Flights. He embarked on a career in commercial real estate with Booth Creek Investments, Inc. where he was the VP of Sales and Acquisitions. After 12 years, he left real estate and entered the electronics and then the medical industry. Jim volunteered his time for many community and church endeavors. He enjoyed golfing with his friends at RHCC and the many conversations over the fence as they played the 17th hole. His hobbies included golf, hunting, fishing, flying and being "Grampa." He was preceded in death by Flo Stanton; Beverly Brady; and his parents, Florence and John Brady. Jim leaves behind his wife, Marge; daughter, Christy; son, Jim; son-in-law, Bob Latham; daughter-in-law, Nikki Kunza and his grandchildren, Brady and Lucy Latham. Family members: Shar and John Brady, Mary Kay Brady, Bob Brady, Pat and Tom Brady, Bette and Bill Brady, Diane and Dan Brady, Marge and John Tofanelli, and Mary Kay and Michael Brady. His girls and other family members: Becky and David Moritz, Mary Pettigrew, Joanne and David Merrill, Diane, and T.J Donnelly, Ann and Ron Koonsman, Les Binkley, Sue and Ron Klein, and Gaye and Dr. Bryant Manning. - See more at: link
Legendary Hostess Miss Jean Duncan will be honored for her remarkable airline career at the Second Braniff History and Architecture Conference on Saturday, September 10, 2016.
Ticket sales END at the end of the day, Sunday, August 28, 2016. Tickets will not be available at the door because of food ordering requirements.
Here is the link for purchasing tickets:
- 2016 Salad Toss
- James “Jim” BradleyJames “Jim” Joseph Bradley passed away Thursday, Aug. 25, 2016. Jim was the third of 10 siblings born in Chicago,
- Debbie LonginoDeborah Kay Longino, 65, of Celeste, died Saturday, July 30, 2016 at Tendercare. Mrs. Longino was born in Dallas, Texas
- Dean Smith “Smitty”1936-2016 W. Dean Smith “Smitty” Absent from the body, Present with the Lord Final flight West Sunday, August 7, 2016
- 2016 May Luncheon
- William Ferrin Smith Jr.SMITH, William Ferrin Jr., age 79 of Richardson, TX passed away on Tuesday morning, July 5, 2016. Bill was born
- 2015 Salad Toss
- Biz Meeting 2016
- 2015 Sherry Party
- BUNKIE WESTBROOKClipped B “Bunkie” Westbrook (55-56), and wife of BN Captain Dolly Westbrook, passed away May 21. Bunkie’s service is scheduled
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- Eurowings flight attendant union calls for two-week strike - ATWOnline October 21, 2016ATWOnlineEurowings flight attendant union calls for two-week strikeATWOnlineThe UFO flight attendant union for Lufthansa Group's low-cost (LCC) subsidiary Eurowings has announced strikes could be possible at any time for two weeks, starting from Monday, Oct. 24, after talks with management failed. “For two weeks [starting Oct ...and more »
- Another White flight attendant refused to believe a Black woman was ... - Rolling Out October 20, 2016Rolling OutAnother White flight attendant refused to believe a Black woman was ...Rolling OutApparently, some people just can't believe that Black women are able to become doctors. In the second incident in less than two weeks, another Black female ...Delta race row: flight attendant 'refused to believe' black woman was ...Express.co.ukHer story went viral. But she […]
- Delta has a big decision to make: Should flight attendants still be required to wear heels? - Quartz October 19, 2016Bravo (blog)Delta has a big decision to make: Should flight attendants still be required to wear heels?QuartzWhat's in for Spring 2018, when the collection debuts for 60,000 Delta flight attendants, ground crew, and gate agents? The designs hark back to a more glamorous age of flying, in a palette of airplane-themed colors like “passport plum,” […]
- Black Doctor Who Said Flight Attendant Stopped Her From Helping Passenger: 'We Still Have So Much Further to Go' - TIME October 17, 2016TIMEBlack Doctor Who Said Flight Attendant Stopped Her From Helping Passenger: 'We Still Have So Much Further to Go'TIMEWhen a flight attendant stopped Dr. Tamika Cross, OBGYN, from helping an unconscious passenger, she was confused — because she's a doctor. “We are looking for actual physicians or nurses or some type of medical personnel,” the […]
- 10 things your flight attendant wants you to know - San Francisco ... - San Francisco Chronicle October 17, 2016San Francisco Chronicle10 things your flight attendant wants you to know - San Francisco ...San Francisco Chronicle10 things your flight attendant wants you to know There was a point long ago when I fancied myself able to recite the entire air safety speech that flight attendants ...and more »
- US|Black Doctor Says Delta Flight Attendant Rejected Her; Sought 'Actual Physician' - New York Times October 14, 2016TIMEUS|Black Doctor Says Delta Flight Attendant Rejected Her; Sought 'Actual Physician'New York TimesBut the 28-year-old doctor said that was the question hanging in the air, raised by a flight attendant, when she volunteered to treat a sick passenger on a Delta flight from Detroit to Minneapolis on Sunday. Dr. Cross wrote about the episode in […]