The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- Biz Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
Husband, Terry Elliott, and Braniff friends gathered at Terry Daniels home on November 11, 2017, to remember and celebrate the life of former Braniff Flight Attendant, Patti Bober Elliott, 1965-1989. Patti passed away on October 28, 2017, at her home in Natchitoches, LA.
Retired Braniff pilot, Captain Thomas Harris, took his final flight on Oct. 25, 2017 as he died peacefully in his sleep at home.
Tom was born April 18, 1937 to Florence and Stephen P. Harris in Dunkirk, New York. A graduate of Fredonia High School, he attended Allegheny College, where he was a member of Phi Delta Theta, and received a bachelor’s degree in aeronautical engineering from Emery Riddle Aeronautical University. He proudly served in the USAF for seven years and was a B52 commander. In 1965 he left the service and began flying commercially for Braniff Airlines.
He had many hobbies which included classic cars, golfing, sailing, travel and cruising all over the world with friends and family. He was a member and past commodore of Poulsbo Yacht Club and served as president of the PSEB T-Bird Club.
He was a loving husband to wife Susan for 48 years, a caring father to daughter Jeanne and son Stephen and proud granddad to Jessica.
A celebration of Tom’s life is planned for early summer.
Please pass this message on to the B’s.
I am greatly grieving the death of my dear husband of 57 years.
However, the sisterhood of Clipped B’s have shown me so much support by their many cards, emails, texts, letters,
food brought in, and attending Jack’s service that I am overwhelmed with gratitude.
Who knew when we were so very young that our friendships formed in training, and flights, would stay with us forever.
You all are the greatest friends. Thank you one and all.
Liz Bailey Wahlquist
Son of Gloria Ault
Susan Riley Whitney
Susan Riley Whitney, 64, of Tacoma, Washington, passed away on June 28, 2017, after a hard fought battle against breast cancer. A memorial service will be held Saturday, July 29, 2017, at 11 a.m. at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 5236 E B St, Tacoma, WA 98404, with Pierce County Sheriff’s Chaplain Rick Bulman officiating. A reception will follow the service. Susan was born in Vernon, TX to Horace and Wilma Riley.
It is with sadness to announce that Clipped B member Jean E. Mitchell passed away July 17 in Frisco, Texas. Jean flew from 1957 to 1972 and was president of the San Antonio chapter of the Clipped B’s from 1993 to 2006.
Her current residence, as listed in the Clipped B yearbook, is:
8080 New Kent Road
Frisco, TX 75035
No service is planned at this time. Her obituary follows:
Husband of Kathy Stanko Anthony, BN Hostess, 75-89.
Thomas M. Anthony, 72, of Camillus passed away on Friday after a courageous battle with Leukemia with his loving family by his side. Tom was a 1963 graduate of West Genesee High School. After graduation he enlisted and served in the United States Navy as a Sonar Technician. Tom then graduated from Indiana State University with a degree in Business Administration. He became a pilot for Braniff Airlines and later retired after 21 years as a Captain for UPS on the 747. Tom loved the outdoors and was an avid hunter. Most importantly, Tom was a devoted husband, loving father and loyal friend.
Newt passed away today at 2:20pm. His remains will go to UT Medical Center, Dallas, so there will not be a funeral. Ann is planning a celebration of life at their home in Kemp, Texas on August 12 (details later). Newt was a fine gentleman; he will be missed.
Bon Voyage Newt,
There will be a small service in Stillwater, Minnesota at St. Mary’s Catholic Church on July 2nd, followed by a celebration of her life on Tuesday, July 4th.
- 2017 Christmas Party
- 2017 Salad Toss
- Frontiers of Flight
- Susan WhitneySusan Riley Whitney, 64, of Tacoma, Washington, passed away on June 28, 2017, after a hard fought battle against breast
- Debbie BaconDebbie passed away on June 16, 2017. Visitation will be held on Thursday, June 22, 2017 from 5 to 7
- Georgia VandervoortGeorgia Harvey Vandervoort of Fort Worth, who flew for Braniff from 1971-78, passed away May 19 following a recent diagnosis
- Sandra PistulkaSandra passed away on May 16, 2017 at her home in Corinth, TX. She is survived by her husband Timothy
- Ribbon CuttingPlease click HERE to RSVP.
- Kathy OrrKathy Orr, who flew from 1967-1987, passed away June 4. Visitation: Sunday, June 11, 2017 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
- Carolyn BeebeCarolyn Virginia Brady Fisher Beebe On April 24, 2017, at Evergreen Healthcare in Lakeport, CA, Carolyn gave up her ten
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated December 14, 2017This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Man kicked off flight after urgent trip to restroom sues Delta - WBIR-TV December 13, 2017WBIR-TVMan kicked off flight after urgent trip to restroom sues DeltaWBIR-TVHis return flight April 18 was scheduled to depart at 2:55 p.m. He was in seat 30-C, an aisle seat, for about 15 to 20 minutes when he tried to go to the restroom. He had heard an announcement to remain seated, but he urgently […]
- The sign a flight attendant doesn't want to be bothered - Travel at 60 - Starts at 60 December 12, 2017Starts at 60The sign a flight attendant doesn't want to be bothered - Travel at 60Starts at 60Have you ever been on a flight where it seemed like a flight attendant just didn't want to be disturbed? Airlines pride themselves on their brilliant in-flight service, but anyone who has ever flown can easily pick up […]
- Airline made passenger put out cigarette. She threatened to kill everyone on the plane. - The Mercury News December 12, 2017NewsweekAirline made passenger put out cigarette. She threatened to kill everyone on the plane.The Mercury NewsThe woman ripped an oxygen mask out of the ceiling as crew forced her back to her seat, the station reported. And indeed, a mask appears to dangle in the plane aisle as seen in video of the ensuing tirade. […]
- 21 Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell You - The Daily Meal December 11, 2017The Daily Meal21 Things Your Flight Attendant Won't Tell YouThe Daily MealWhile some people see flight attendants as nothing more than drink-slinging cabin crew, there's a lot more to the job. Their primary responsibility is the safety and well-being of their passengers, and flight attendants know more than you can imagine ...
- Flight attendant suspended after filming herself eating leftover in ... - The Independent December 11, 2017The IndependentFlight attendant suspended after filming herself eating leftover in ...The IndependentA female member of cabin crew on an Urumqi Air flight has been suspended after she filmed herself eating from a row of leftover in-flight meal trays. The clip was filmed 45 minutes after the flight landed at China's Yinchuan Airport on 30 November […]