The Clippedb MessageBoard/GuestBook
Activities 2010 / 2013
Clippedb luncheons and other meetups. View photos of many of the Clippedb events and gatherings.
- BRANIFF HUMOR
- Grad. Class Photos (Yearbook)
- Biz Pages
- Join or Renew
- In Memoriam
It is with sadness to announce that Clipped B member Jean E. Mitchell passed away July 17 in Frisco, Texas. Jean flew from 1957 to 1972 and was president of the San Antonio chapter of the Clipped B’s from 1993 to 2006.
Her current residence, as listed in the Clipped B yearbook, is:
8080 New Kent Road
Frisco, TX 75035
No service is planned at this time. Her obituary follows:
Husband of Kathy Stanko Anthony, BN Hostess, 75-89.
Thomas M. Anthony, 72, of Camillus passed away on Friday after a courageous battle with Leukemia with his loving family by his side. Tom was a 1963 graduate of West Genesee High School. After graduation he enlisted and served in the United States Navy as a Sonar Technician. Tom then graduated from Indiana State University with a degree in Business Administration. He became a pilot for Braniff Airlines and later retired after 21 years as a Captain for UPS on the 747. Tom loved the outdoors and was an avid hunter. Most importantly, Tom was a devoted husband, loving father and loyal friend.
Newt passed away today at 2:20pm. His remains will go to UT Medical Center, Dallas, so there will not be a funeral. Ann is planning a celebration of life at their home in Kemp, Texas on August 12 (details later). Newt was a fine gentleman; he will be missed.
Bon Voyage Newt,
There will be a small service in Stillwater, Minnesota at St. Mary’s Catholic Church on July 2nd, followed by a celebration of her life on Tuesday, July 4th.
Debbie passed away on June 16, 2017. Visitation will be held on Thursday, June 22, 2017 from 5 to 7 p.m. at Tres Hewell Mortuary in Seguin, Texas. Funeral services will be held on Friday, June 23, 2017 at 10:30 a.m. at Faith Lutheran Church with Rev. Andy Taylor officiating. A reception will follow in the Life Enrichment Center. Private burial will be at a later date in the Faith Lutheran Church Columbarium.
Georgia Harvey Vandervoort
Georgia Harvey Vandervoort of Fort Worth, who flew for Braniff from 1971-78, passed away May 19 following a recent diagnosis of brain cancer. Her daughter, Mimi, passed away three days before Georgia on May 16.
A joint memorial service will be held Friday, June 23 at 1:30 p.m. at Greenwood Chapel in Fort Worth.
3100 White Settlement Road, Fort Worth, 76107
Sandra Surguy Pistalka
Sandra passed away on May 16, 2017 at her home in Corinth, TX. She is survived by her husband Timothy Foley, son Tom Pisktulka, grandson Ashton Pistulka, and sister Marge Miller and was predeceased by her sister Charmaine Lawrence and parents Marie and Manfred Surguy. Sandy left a large and loving family and friends.
Please click HERE to RSVP.
Kathy Orr, who flew from 1967-1987, passed away June 4.
Sunday, June 11, 2017
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Bill DeBerry Funeral Directors
2025 West University
Denton, Texas 76201
Monday, June 12, 2017
St. Mark Catholic Church
6500 Crawford Rd.
Argyle, Texas 76226
Carolyn Virginia Brady Fisher Beebe On April 24, 2017, at Evergreen Healthcare in Lakeport, CA, Carolyn gave up her ten year battle with Alzheimer’s disease at the age of 86.
Jean Adele Vickrey Lowe, 86, of Lake Forest, Illinois, passed away peacefully on April 21, 2017 at her home in Montecito, California, surrounded by her loving and devoted family.
William S. Kunz, of Denton, Texas, passed away on April 26, 2017. He was 93 years of age. Services are under the care of Bluebonnet Hills Funeral Home. Service details are pending.
- 2017 May Luncheon
- Jack MortonJack Lafayette Morton was born in Ft. Worth, Texas on April 12, 1922, and passed away April 20, 2017. He
- Geraldine “Jerry” DameronMs. Jerry was our oldest living BN Hostess at 98. She flew from 39-41. Her husband Bill ironically was our
- 2016 Christmas Party
- 2016 Salad Toss
- James “Jim” BradyJames “Jim” Joseph Brady passed away Thursday, Aug. 25, 2016. Jim was the third of 10 siblings born in Chicago,
- Debbie LonginoDeborah Kay Longino, 65, of Celeste, died Saturday, July 30, 2016 at Tendercare. Mrs. Longino was born in Dallas, Texas
- Dean Smith “Smitty”1936-2016 W. Dean Smith “Smitty” Absent from the body, Present with the Lord Final flight West Sunday, August 7, 2016
- 2016 May Luncheon
- William Ferrin Smith Jr.SMITH, William Ferrin Jr., age 79 of Richardson, TX passed away on Tuesday morning, July 5, 2016. Bill was born
Thoughts & Prayers
Our dear friends, crew mates, and family members that have passed away will always remain in our thoughts and prayers.
- Secrets flight attendants won't tell you - Chron.com July 24, 2017Chron.comSecrets flight attendants won't tell youChron.comThe summers are always a popular time to hop on a plane and travel to beautiful vacation destinations. But did you know that your flight attendant is carrying secrets around that you might not know? Did you know that the pilot in command can order any ...
- The drink order that annoys flight attendants the most - Starts at 60 July 24, 2017Starts at 60The drink order that annoys flight attendants the mostStarts at 60Being a flight attendant isn't an easy job – you have to ensure the safety of hundreds of people while they're travelling nearly 40,000 feet in the air in less than comfortable conditions. When the refreshments cart comes around, there are a lot […]
- United Flight Attendant Enforces Rules, So 7-Year-Old Can't Sleep on Empty Seats - Inc.com July 24, 2017United Flight Attendant Enforces Rules, So 7-Year-Old Can't Sleep on Empty SeatsInc.comYet the flight attendant doubled down on the supposed rules. So Collazo's husband had to march back to row 35. Collazo describes herself as "conflict-averse." She told me she tried to reason with the flight attendant. The flight was, after all, less ...
- Flight attendant's in-flight gesture goes viral - Starts at 60 July 24, 2017Starts at 60Flight attendant's in-flight gesture goes viralStarts at 60He was told it was okay and so boarded the flight, storing the bag in the overheard compartment before sitting down. A flight attendant (or angel) came over and said to him, “The seat next to you is empty. Would your travelling companion like to sit […]
- 7 Things Flight Attendants Notice About You When You Board A Plane - HuffPost July 19, 2017HuffPost7 Things Flight Attendants Notice About You When You Board A PlaneHuffPost“Passengers think we are just greeting them at the door,” Jay Robert, a flight attendant and founder of Fly Guy, told HuffPost. “But they'd be surprised at the number of threats we eliminate at that stage of the flight which would have caused a […]
- American Flight Attendant Stopped with 30 Bullets - TravelPulse July 19, 2017TravelPulseAmerican Flight Attendant Stopped with 30 BulletsTravelPulsePHOTO: An American Airlines flight attendant had plenty of ammo, but wasn't packing heat. (photo courtesy of Thinkstock). Officials at an airport in Japan confiscated 30 bullets from the carry-on bag of an American Airlines crew member Saturday after ...Fight attendant busted with bullets in his carry-onNew York PostDozens […]